Do you want to update a device driver on your Windows PC but don’t know how? This guide features numerous methods to update drivers in Windows 11.
Particularly, this guide teaches three methods to update drivers on your Windows 11 computer. To give more details, you will learn how to perform this task through the device manager.
This guide will also teach you how to update drivers via the Windows update. In actual fact, you will discover how to update drivers in Windows 11 using a third-party application in this guide.
Finally, a dedicated section with answers to some of the most asked questions about the topic in discussion is also in this guide.
- 1 Update Drivers In Windows 11 Through Device Manager
- 2 Update Drivers In Windows 11 Via Windows Update
- 3 Update Drivers In Windows 11 Using A Third-party Application
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions About Updating Drivers In Windows 11
- 5 My Final Thoughts About Updating Drivers In Windows 11
- 6 References And Further Reading
Update Drivers In Windows 11 Through Device Manager
The most common method to update drivers on your Windows 11 computer is through the device manager. The following steps and screenshots demonstrate how to update drivers through the device manager.
- On the taskbar, right-click the Start button, then select Device Manager from the displayed option.
- When Device Manager opens, locate and right-click the device driver you wish to update. Then, select Update driver from the options that appear – for this demonstration, I will update the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 display driver of my PC.
- Afterward, select Search automatically for drivers in the Update Drivers window that appears.
- Consequently, Windows will start to search the internet for the latest driver for your PC and automatically install it. Therefore, ensure your computer is connected to the internet during this procedure.
- After successfully updating your device driver, restart your PC to finalize the installation.
Update Drivers In Windows 11 Via Windows Update
You can also update a device driver on your Windows 11 computer through the Windows update. To do that, follow the steps and screenshot images below.
- On the Windows 11 taskbar, right-click the Start button and click Settings from the options that pop up.
- When the Settings window opens on your computer, select Windows Update on the left pane.
- Then, click Advanced options on the right pane.
- Following that, click Optional updates under Additional options.
- Next, select Driver updates. Then, under Driver updates, check the box of the device driver you want to update.
- Lastly, click the Download & install button. Thus, Windows 11 will start downloading the driver update from the internet and install it automatically on your PC.
- After updating the device driver, restart your Windows 11 computer.
Update Drivers In Windows 11 Using A Third-party Application
There are various third-party applications for updating drivers in Windows 11. However, I suggest you use the IObit Driver Booster application.
That application is a free and safe third-party application that allows users to update drivers in Windows OS. The following sub-sections demonstrate how to download, install, and use the application to update drivers in Windows 11.
How To Download And Install IObit Driver Booster In Windows 11
- Firstly, click this link (the link opens in a new tab). Hence, select the green Free Download button on the web page that the link directs you to.
- Consequently, the installation file of the IObit Driver Booster application should start to download on your PC. After the installation file has been downloaded on your PC, locate the file – the name of the installation file should be driver_booster_setup.
- Then, double-click the installation file to begin the installation process of the IObit Driver Booster app. Hence, you will receive a prompt requesting access to allow the app to make changes to your device – select Yes to continue.
- On the app’s installation window, click the red Install button at the center.
- After doing that, the installation app will ask you to install another application during installation. Thus, select No, thanks and click the Next button.
- Finally, the IObit Driver Booster application will begin to install on your Windows 11 computer.
How To Update Drivers In Windows 11 Using The IObit Driver Booster App
After installing the IObit Driver Booster app on your PC, follow the steps below to update drivers with the app.
- On the Windows 11 taskbar, click the Search button and type “driver booster 10” in the search box. Then, from the search result, click the Driver Booster 10 application to open it.
- When the application opens, click the huge Scan button at the center. Hence, the app will begin scanning to check the status of your computer’s drivers – see the second screenshot below.
- After the scan, the app will list every outdated driver on your computer. Hence, check the box of the device driver(s) you wish to update and click the Update Now button at the top right corner.
- Consequently, the application will begin to update the selected device driver(s).
- After the update, restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Updating Drivers In Windows 11
1. What Is The Best Free Driver Updater For Windows 11?
In my opinion, the best free driver updater application for Windows 11 is IObit Driver Booster. Other notable free driver updater apps include Avast Driver Updater, Driver Easy, and WinZip Driver Updater.
2. Will Windows 11 Make My Laptop Slower?
If your laptop doesn’t meet the requirements to install Windows 11, it is most likely to slow down when running Windows 11.
3. How Do I Update My Graphics Driver In Windows 11?
Read our How To Download Adobe Reader Free For Windows 11 article to discover various methods to update the graphics driver in Windows 11.
4. What Is The RAM Requirement To Install Windows 11?
Your computer needs to have a minimum of 4 GB RAM to install the Windows 11 OS. However, for optimal performance, your computer must have 8 GB RAM or more.
5. When Was The Windows 11 OS Released?
The Windows 11 OS was released by Microsoft on October 5, 2021.
My Final Thoughts About Updating Drivers In Windows 11
Device drivers are very essential in every Windows computer. Without them, your computer will not function properly.
Besides, outdated device drivers can cause various problems for your Windows 11 computer. Gladly, this guide provided multiple methods to update drivers in Windows 11.
Specifically, we discussed how to update drivers via the device manager and Windows update. As a matter of fact, this guide also taught us how to perform the task using a third-party application.
I hope you found this guide helpful. If you did, we would love to know your thoughts about the guide – kindly share your thoughts with us at techbable Community Forum.
You could ask questions or provide feedback regarding this guide at techbable Community Forum. Our community staff and some members will attend to your questions as soon as possible.
Finally, for more Windows 11 Itechguides, visit our Windows 11 How-To page.