Science and technology are advancing at an alarming pace, and every day brings with it new inventions that will change how we live our lives—and sometimes even challenge our understanding of reality itself. Whether it’s new research into the causes of memory loss or advancements in artificial intelligence, there’s always something to be amazed about when it comes to the mysteries of science and technology. Here are some amazing new science and technology discoveries you won’t believe until you see them for yourself!
Scratch Test Shows the Strength of a Diamond
Researchers at the State University of New York found that a diamond’s scratch test isn’t as accurate as we might think. Diamonds are made up of graphite, which is softer than quartz, the material used in the test. Quartz is harder than diamond because it has no flaws. This means that if a diamond has a crack or flaw it will show up in the scratch test. The flaw will act like sandpaper, so it will be easier for quartz to do its job on the surface of the diamond.
9 Fascinating Features Of Human Tears
- Tears are about 99% water, so they are an effective way of cooling the body down.
- When people cry, stress hormones like cortisol are released into the bloodstream.
- However, tears also contain a small number of endorphins which act as natural painkillers that reduce pain by acting on opioid receptors in the brain to release dopamine, which creates a sense of euphoria and well-being.
- Tears help keep your eyes lubricated so that they don’t dry out or become infected with germs from other parts of your face or nose (which is why you need to wear goggles while swimming).
- Not only do tears help clean and protect your eye surfaces, but they also have a chemical called lysozyme which kills bacteria on contact.
- In addition to keeping your eye surfaces clean and protecting them against harmful substances, tears are important for nourishing the cornea with oxygen and nutrients via blood vessels found there.
- It’s actually fairly common for newborn babies to be born without tear ducts in their eyes; these babies will often produce excessive amounts of oil from their eyelids instead of crying actual tears until those ducts develop around age 2 or 3 years old when they start producing real tears once again.
- The composition of our tears can change depending on what we’re feeling, especially if we’re feeling angry, sad, or scared.
- Our thoughts and feelings affect the composition of our tears because we have over 400 different types of proteins inside our bodies that can leak through the membranes and into our fluids. More Weather Technology
Brainless Fish Are Smart Enough To Find Their Way Back Home
Are you surprised that we have discovered that a fish’s brain has to do with them swimming in the right direction? How about the discovery that organisms without a brain can sense an electric field or feel pressure? Scientists made some crazy discoveries about science and technology this year. Fish are so intelligent they can determine which direction they swim by picking up on electro-stimulation of different parts of their body, kind of like sensory stimulation therapy for humans! More Technology Of The Future
The fascinating new technology called Optogenetics is basically mind control – scientists found how to transmit messages to our neurons and understand what’s going on by investigating rodent brains. More Technology in Healthcare
Sperm Can Sense when an Egg is Ready for Fertilization
One of the more recent discoveries in the sciences and technology realm is that sperm cells are capable of sensing when an egg is ready to be fertilized. The sense, known as chemotaxis, helps sperm identify eggs with a high potential for fertilization success. Chemotaxis occurs as a result of chemical signals released by the egg cell, called fertility-associated molecules or FAMS. More MSI Gaming GS63
The discovery has not only provided insight into how life begins on Earth but also opened new doors for research into infertility prevention techniques. Now that it’s understood what causes increased FERTILIZATION SUCCESS rates (namely through chemotaxis), researchers are working to identify agents in lab experiments that act as disruptive agents and decrease FERTILIZATION SUCCESS rates. More Asus Rog FX503
Plants Can Hear Insects Chewing Leaves
In a study done by ecologist Suzanne Simard at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, she was able to show that plants were capable of transferring messages through the soil. These messages are then sent from roots to branches, leaves, or flowers. The most interesting part about this is that these messages are capable of traveling as far as 12 meters underground. This is not only fascinating because we can now see how plants communicate with each other, but also because it means there could be something similar happening in our human bodies. In fact, there have been studies that have shown that when a person talks or sings on one side of their mouth (known as sub-harmonics), they can transfer sound waves to the other side through their skull bones. More Google Pixelbook 12in
There May Be Life on Mars
Science has proven that there is liquid water on Mars. This means there may be life on Mars! A group of scientists made this discovery by studying images taken by NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. There are many planets in the universe that have enough liquid water to support life as we know it. Earth is one of these planets, but other inhabited worlds like Kepler 186f (a planet near a star 2,500 light-years from Earth) have been found too!
In addition, scientists can discover new technology! Here are a few science and technology discoveries for you to explore
- Scientists discovered that Venus once had oceans that may contain microbial life similar to Earth’s microbes which could be revived with future missions!
- Dark energy makes up 70% of the content in our Universe; some believe it makes up more than 80%. It does not emit or absorb any form of electromagnetic radiation, and its exact nature remains unknown to scientists today.
- And finally, scientists announced that a cancer drug called erlotinib prevented breast tumors from spreading after just three weeks without any side effects whatsoever: so far 100% success rate!
There are still so many more science and technology discoveries out there waiting to be found!
Scientists have made a lot of discoveries in the field of science in recent years. It is hard to keep up with all the new discoveries as they come out, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try. It is important to stay informed about what is happening in your field so you can stay ahead of everyone else. This blog post was designed to give you a list of some of the most recent discoveries in sciences and technology that are worth knowing about.
Thanks For Reading
More Read On Tech Bable