VPN is a term widely used by internet users all over the world. There are many ways in which a VPN can be connected to the internet, and among those many options, it is necessary to first find out which VPN is most suitable for your needs. Let’s first look at what exactly a VPN means:
What is a VPN?
A VPN is a Virtual Private Network as in simple words the meaning of VPN is to have an encrypted connection from your internet to any service provider. The main purpose behind this is to ensure that the connection is safe and secure and the location from which the connection is made cannot be traced easily. Moreover, VPN can be used to unlock websites and data which otherwise may not be available in your location.
Why is it important to choose the right VPN Provider?
It is essential to find out how to choose a VPN and by which VPN provider, as with the VPN you are trusting the provider with not only your location but your personal details, browsing history etc, hence, it is important that you choose the VPN Provider whom you can easily trust and is up to the standards and has good positive reviews.
What are the essential features of a virtual private network a VPN?
Now that we know it is important to choose a right VPN provider, the more important part is to find out the factors which answer to how do I trust a VPN provider?
- Security: Security is the top most factors which must be considered before choosing your VPN provider, as the main purpose behind choosing a VPN is to have a secure connection, while without security what is a VPN used for. Among the many secure VPNs the following VPN explained as the most secure one; VeePN. This VPN is not only available for free to download but also contains all the required features which is why it is highly recommended. Among the many security options, you must look for no history, anonymity, IP hiding and kill switches while connecting to VPN.
- Speed: Speed is another factor which must be considered while choosing the right VPN as in today’s fast pacing digital world, it gets very uncomfortable to browse slowly. Thus, always look for the one which offers good streaming speed as well as high speed for peer-to-peer and similar online activities.
- Reliability: Encryption is the key to your VPN connection. Reliable encryption ensures that VPN providers send your browsing through multiple servers rather than just one to ensure high level of anonymity to be maintained so that your privacy remains intact. You may often find asking yourself while using VPN a simple question that what makes a good VPN server? A VPN providing one server may also be sufficient at times, but the excellent encryption is only provided by the one which passes internet traffic through multiple servers.
- User Friendly: Easy to use is one of the most important factor, as not everyone has technical knowledge required to handle technical part of VPN or to understand the VPN purpose. Majority of the users online are looking for easy and simple solutions hence, a VPN which is easy to use and understand is preferred by the users.
- Peer-to-peer sharing: P2P often known as Peer-to-peer may not be recommended by many but is provided by many VPN providers. An excellent service provider will not limit you from this service, and provide excellent file sharing options.
- Accessibility: VPN is of no if it doesn’t provide immediate access to the content you need. VPN is often used by users for the purpose to block content which is not available in their area or region. If your main purpose is to use VPN because of unblocking content that is unavailable in your location, it is necessary to first find out if the VPN provider is providing service to your desired location. An excellent VPN service provider will ensure its availability in all locations and regions at all times, but it is not necessary, hence, must be searched upon before finalizing the VPN service provider.
- Price: Price is an important component, as not all VPNs are free to download, but some require subscription fee, often monthly, while others have packages for annual or even a life time subscription fee. While, there are many free options out there, not all features are provided by those. The free VPNs usually fill the basic purpose, while for the advanced features you need to pay a subscription fee which varies with each provider.
- Customer Support: As not everyone is well versed with technology, nor does everyone understands the technicalities of using the VPN and often get stuck at one point or another. It is important to choose the VPN service provider, who has a good technical support staff, easily available and answers your queries to ensure smooth and safe service.
- Dedicated IP Address: As the main purpose of VPN is to define private and secure network hence having a static IP address is essential to ensure reliability, accessibility and security of your internet connection. This may not be necessary at times, but it is better to keep a static IP address for yourself to keep your mind at ease.
A VPN is thus a need of today’s world, and by following the many factors which we have explained above you can find out the best VPN which suits your browsing needs.